Any system that use low-intensity signals are vulnerable to electromagnetic interference (motors, relays ...) radio (telephone, TV, radio ...)
The shield can protect low-intensity signals from interference.
Protection levels required. Control parameters:
- Meshing density (step, angle of attack, number of threads per coil).
- Cable diameter.
- Meshing Requirements: compromise between weight and EMI-RFI protection.
- Type of material for the braid: tinned copper or nickel of 120 microns thick.
- Textile Nomex Protection.
- The shielding degree is measured with a Ro meter (measured in Ohms).
- The application will determine the degree of protection.
- Shielding measures are complementary to the electrical testing of wiring.